Monday 11 July 2011

The Changi Airport Experience (Terminal 1)


Compared to my experience in my several trips before, I should say that this time my airport experience is rather disappointing. Only half of the terminal building is being air conditioned, with the other half is being supported by fan due to the renovation working going on in this terminal.



 The Crowded Jetstar Check-in area



Check-in process in Valuair/Jetstar Asia’s check-in desks was very crowded with Jakarta, Surabaya, and Kuala Lumpur bound passengers. Although it was very crowded and sometimes confusing, as each check-in desk would handle two flights, but I could see that the ground staff are trying their best to make things organized with their friendly expressions.

 The long queue towards customs check

After Check-in process finished, then it’s time for immigration checks, and another security checks before you enter the Transit hall. The security check which is only equipped with one x-ray machine created a long queue of passengers, as everyone must go through the checks. I think, in the future they should deploy more x-ray machines so that they could make passengers more convenient.


 Transit Hall of the newly renovated Terminal 1

The transit hall, all the way to the boarding gates area, was very comfortable, with lots of shops and restaurants. I ate a chicken rice and drank a pack of Milo, and to my surprise it was $ 8.70. My brain was just going to express “WHAT?” in a full disbelief. It’s quite expensive indeed. Regardless of the chicken rice, as you could see all the facilities and decorations of the airport, you could understand why this airport was chosen as “Airport of the Year” 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment