Monday 11 July 2011

Flight segment 1 : Valuair Flight VF 247


I headed for gate C19 at around 12.30pm in which I had to wait in the gate for around 20 minutes. Boarding call was very organised by Valuair, as staff were calling passengers to board the airplane row by row, using the order of the tail rows of the flight 25-30 allowed to board first, followed by passengers in middle rows and the last group of passengers allowed to board was the passengers seated at first few rows in the airplane.

























The pilot-in-command at that day, Capt. Alvin Tan welcomed us on board through the public address system. The flight lifted off from Changi on time, and headed for Juanda International in Surabaya on the two hours flight. Although Valuair and its parent company, Jetstar is a low-cost carrier, but a coconut taste bun and a glass of water were provided free of charge, followed by meals and beverages that is offered on a buy-on-board basis.

During the flight, I took some pictures of the cabin from my seat, and the skies outside the window, which was very clear on that day. After snapping some pictures, I slept for the rest of the flight, until I have missed the distribution of the immigration card of Indonesia, which is compulsory to be filled upon arrival by every international passengers arriving to the country. We touched down at Surabaya in a clear weather, 10 minutes ahead of estimated time of arrival (ETA).

I managed to get the immigration card in the airport and managed to passed through customs uneventfully. Claimed my luggage and met my family for a whole day family business in Surabaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment